Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas Christian University
Control and optimization, power and energy networks, distributed robotics
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- T.H. Summers, F. Cortesi, & J. Lygeros, "On submodularity and controllability in complex dynamical networks", to appear, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2015.
- T.H.Summers, J. Warrington, M. Morari, & J. Lygeros, "Stochastic optimal power flow based on conditional value at risk and distributional robustness", International Journal of Electric Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 72, pp. 116-125, 2015.
- P. Beuchat, J. Warrington, T.H. Summers, M. Morari, "Piecewise affine bounds for power system dispatch using generalized multistage policies", to appear, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2015.
- T.H. Summers & I. Shames, "Active influence in dynamical models of structural balance in social networks", Europhysics Letters, Vol. 103, No. 1, pp. 18001:1-6, 2013.
- T.H. Summers, C. Yu, B.D.O. Anderson, S. Dasgupta, "Control of leader-remote-follower and coleader formations in the plane", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.56, No. 12, pp. 2778-92, 2011.
Major Honors and Awards
- ETH Postdoctoral Fellowship (2011-2014)
- Fulbright Postgraduate Fellowship (Australia 2007-2008)
- U.S. Fulbright Alumni Postgraduate Scholar (highest ranked applicant to Australia)
- University of Texas Thrust 2000 Graduate Fellowship (2005-2010)