Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2014
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The University of Akron, 2009
B.S., Energy and Power Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, 2007
Biotransport, Nanotechnology, Bio-Nano Interface, Thermo-Plasmonics, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Biosensors, Therapeutics
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Qin, Z., Chan, W. C. W., Boulware, D. R., Akkin, T., Butler, E. K. & Bischof, J. C. Significantly Improved Analytical Sensitivity of Lateral Flow Immunoassays by Using Thermal Contrast. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 51, 4358–61 (2012).
- Qin, Z. & Bischof, J. C. Thermophysical and Biological Responses of Gold Nanoparticle Laser Heating, Chemical Society Review, 41, 1191-217 (2012).
- Qin, Z., Jiang, J., Long, G. & Bischof, J. C. Irreversible Electroporation: An in vivo Study With Dorsal Skin Fold Chamber, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 41(3), 619-29 (2013).
- Jiang, C., Qin, Z. & Bischof, J. C. Membrane-Targeting Approaches for Enhanced Cancer Cell Destruction with Irreversible Electroporation, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 42(1), 193-204 (2014).
- Qin, Z., Zhe, J. & Wang, G. X. Effects of Particle's Off-Axis Position, Shape, Orientation and Entry Position on Resistance Changes of Micro Coulter Counting Devices, Measurement Science and Technology 22, 045804 (2011).
Major Honors and Awards
- Finalist, ASME NanoEngineering for Medicine and Biology (NEMB) Doctoral Poster Competition (2014)
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota (2013)
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship, University of Minnesota (2012)
- Gates Foundation Travel Award, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (2012)
- 2nd Place in Doctoral Student Paper Competition, ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference (2012)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Fellowship, University of Minnesota (2009)
- Excellent Student Award by Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (2006)
- Baosteel Education Foundation Fellowship (2005)
- China General Guangdong Nuclear Power Group Fellowship (2004)
- University Siyuan Fellowship(2004)
- National Scholarship of China (2003)