Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2008.
MS, Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, 2003.
BS, Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1999.
Robotics, biomedical robots, computational structural biology, image processing
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- W. Park, Y. Wang and G. S. Chirikjian, "The path-of-probability algorithm for steering and feedback control of flexible needles," International Journal of Robotics Research, 29(7): 813-830, 2010.
- W. Park, D. R. Madden and D. N. Rockmore and G. S. Chirikjian, "Deblurring of class-averaged images in single-particle electron microscopy," Inverse Problems, 26, 2010.
- A. Skliros, W. Park, G. S. Chirikjian, "Position and orientation distributions for non-reversal random walks using space-group Fourier transforms," Journal of Algebraic Statistics, 1(1): 27-46, 2010.
- W. Park, G. Leibon, D. N. Rockmore and G. S. Chirikjian, "Accurate image rotation using Hermite expansions," IEEE, Transactions on Image Processing, 18(9): 1988-2003, 2009.
- W. Park, Y. Liu, Y. Zhou, M. Moses and G. S. Chirikjian, "Kinematic state estimation and motion planning for stochastic nonholonomic systems using the exponential map," Robotica, 26: 419-434, 2008.
Major Honors and Awards
- Creel Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, 2007
ArtBot Robot Design Competition, Critics’ Choice Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
BK21 Graduate Research Fellowship, Seoul National University, 2001-2002
- Department Fellowship, Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, 1995-1998