P. L. Stephan Thamban
PhD, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2005.
MS, The University of Texas at Dallas, 2002.
Materials processing with low temperature plasmas, Process control diagnostics in semiconductor device manufacturing.
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- "Silicon Etch using SF6 /C4F8/Ar Gas Mixtures", R.L. Bates, P.L.S. Thamban, M. J. Goeckner, and L. J. Overzet, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 32, 041302 (2014).
- "Understanding the Synthesis of Ethylene Glycol Pulsed Plasmas for Development of Ultra Thin Biocompatible Interfaces", G.Padron-Wells, I.-C. Raygoza, P.L.S. Thamban, C. T. Nelson, C.-W. Chung, L. J. Overzet, and M. J. Goeckner, Plasma processes and polymers 10, 119 (2013)
- "Comparison endpoint study of process plasma and secondary electron beam exciter optical emission spectroscopy", P.L.S. Thamban, S. Yun, G.Padron-Wells, J. Hosch, and M. J. Goeckner, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 30, 061303 (2012).
- "Electron beam excitation method to study gas phase during etch processes", P.L.S. Thamban, G.Padron-Wells, S. Yun, J. Hosch, and M. J. Goeckner, J. Vac. Sci. & Technol. B 30, 041201 (2012).
- "Controllable optical emission spectroscopy diagnostic system for analysis of process chemistries", P.L.S. Thamban, J. Hosch, and M. J. Goeckner, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 81, 013502 (2010).
Major Honors and Awards
- Recognition for inventive contribution, UTD, (2011)
- Invitation to moderate at AVS's international symposium and exhibition, Nashville, (2011)