Senior Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 2008
MS, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 2005
BS, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics, The University of Texas-Pan American, 2002
Modeling, design and control of robotic systems; computer-aided geometric design, kinematics and dynamics of machines.
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Rios, O. and D. Tesar, "Effective Tool-Point Acceleration of Serial Chain Mechanisms Based on Basic Geometric Transformations," Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, Vol. 1(4), 2009.
- Rios, O. and D. Tesar, "Design Criteria for Serial Chain Mechanisms Based on Kinetic Energy Ratios," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 131(8), 2009.
- Rios, O. and D. Tesar, "Actuator Gain Distributions to Analytically Meet Specified Performance Capabilities in Serial Robotic Manipulators," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 131(2), 2009.
Major Honors and Awards
- Outstanding achievement award, mechanical engineering award, University of Texas-Pan American
- Best student paper award,The Society of Plastics Engineers Annual Technical Conference (SPE-ANTEC) .
- South Texas fellowship .
- Cullen M. Crain endowed scholarship in engineering.
- George J. Heuer, Jr. PhD endowed graduate fellowship .