Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, 2002
MS, Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1998
BS, Bridge Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1994
Computational mechanics, multiscale methods and applications, surface engineering.
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Z. Zhou, S. Bhamare, G. Ramakrishnan, S. R. Mannava, K. Langer, Y. H. Wen, D. Qian, and V. K. Vasudevan, "A Study of Thermal Relaxation of Residual Stress in Laser Shock Peened Ti-6Al-4V Alloy (in press)," Surface & Coatings Technology, 2012.
- Gill, A. S., U. lienert, J. Almer, D. Lahrman, S. R. Mannava, D. Qian, and V. K. Vasudevan, "High Spatial Resolution, High Energy Synchrotron X-Ray Diffraction Characterization of Residual Strains and Stresses in Laser Shock Peened IN718 SPF Alloy (in press)," Journal Of Applied Physics, 2012.
- Yang, Y., S. Chirptukar, D. N. Alpert, T. Eason, M. Spottswood, and D. Qian, "Enriched space-time finite element method: A new paradigm for multiscaling from elastodynamics to molecular dynamics (in press)," International Journal For Numerical Methods In Engineering, 2012.
- Zhou, Z., V. K. Vasudevan, and D. Qian, "Energy Loss in Carbon Nanotube Beam Oscillators due to Anelastic Relaxation (in press)," Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 2012.
- Zhou, Z., A. S. Gill, D. Qian, S. R. Mannava, K. Langer, Y., Wen and V. K. Vasudevan, "A finite element study on thermal relaxation of residual stress in laser shock peened IN718 superalloy". International Journal of Impact Engineering, 38:590-596, 2011.
Major Honors and Awards
- College of Engineering ,University of Cincinnati Distinguished Researcher Award, 2012.
- ICACM Young Investigator award at 3rd International Symposium on Computational Mechanics, 2011.
- Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship (ASEE), 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012.
- Summer Visiting Faculty Scholar, Peking University, 2010.
- Distinguished Researcher Award, College of Engineering ,University of Cincinnati, 2010.