Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2006-2010
MSc, University of Virginia 2003-2005
BS, Sharif University of Technology, Iran 1999-2003
Nanobiomechanics, scanning Probe microscopy, bioinspired and biomimetic nanomaterials, nanomechanics of living cells and biological systems, nanomanufacturing and microfabrication
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Book Chapter: M. Minary and M.-F. Yu, "Mechanical and Electromechanical Characterization of One-dimensional Piezoelectric Nanomaterials" in Piezoelectric Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications, Springer 2012 .
- M. Minary, A. Tajik, Ning Wang, and Min-Feng Yu, "Intrinsically high-Q dynamic AFM imaging in liquid with a significantly extended needle tip" Nanotechnology, (2012).
- M. Minary, R. A. Bernal, I. Kuljanishvili, V. Parpoil, and Horacio Espinosa, "Individual GaN Nanowires Exhibit Strong Piezoelectricity in 3D" NANO Letters 12 (2), pp 970-976 (2012).
- Horacio Espinosa, Rodrigo Bernal, and Majid Minary, "A Review of Mechanical and Electromechanical Properties of Piezoelectric Nanowires", Advanced Materials (2012). DOI: 10.1002/adma.201104810.
- M. Minary and M.-F. Yu, "Nanomechanical Heterogeneity in the Gap and Overlap Regions of Type I Collagen Fibrils with Implications for Bone Heterogeneity", Biomacromolecules 10, 2565 (2009).
- M. Minary and M.-F. Yu, "Uncovering Nanoscale Electromechanical Heterogeneity in the Subfibrillar Structure of Collagen Fibrils Responsible for the Piezoelectricity of Bone" ACS Nano 3, 1859 (2009).
Major Honors and Awards
- AFOSR: Young Investigator Research Program (YIP) 2014.
- Mavis Memorial Fund Scholarship Award- College of Engineering University of Illinois, 2008.
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist, Society of Engineering Science, 2010.
- NSF travel Award, Society of Engineering Science, 2010.
- Listed as teachers, ranked excellent by students, University of Illinois, 2006.