Clinical Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012.
MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, 1997.
BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, 1993 .
Fluid mechanics, heat transfer, design of experimental facilities, microfluidics, microfabrication techniques, engineering education
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Hart, R. A. and da Silva, A. K., 2013, "Self-Optimizing, Thermally-Adaptive Microfluidic Flow Structures," Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 14(1), 121-132.
- Byrne, M. D., Hart, R. A., and da Silva, A. K., 2012, "Experimental Thermal-Hydraulic Evaluation of CuO Nanofluids in Microchannels at Various Concentrations with and without Suspension Enhancers," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55(9-10), 2684-2691.
- Hart, R. A., Ponkala, M. J. V., and da Silva, A. K., 2011, "Development and Testing of a Constructal Microchannel Flow System with Dynamically Controlled Complexity," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 54(25-26), 5470-5480.
- Hart, R. A. and da Silva, A. K., 2011, "Experimental Thermal-Hydraulic Evaluation of Constructal Microfluidic Structures under Fully Constrained Conditions," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 54(15-16), 3661-3671.
- Shi, J., Hart, R. A., Kleis, S. J., & Bannerot, R. B.,1997, "Gradient-zone erosion in seawater solar ponds," ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, 119, 2-7.
Major Honors and Awards
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas
- The University of Texas at Austin Cockrell School of Engineering Thrust 2000-Archie W. Straiton Doctoral Fellowship, 2008-2012
- Amoco Master's Fellowship, 1994
- Outstanding Engineering Student Award, Texas Society of Professional Engineers, 1993
- Outstanding Senior Honors Thesis Award, University of Houston Honors College, 1993
- Hugh Scott Cameron Award (outstanding graduating senior in mechanical engineering), South Texas section of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1993
- Memberships: ASME, ASEE, Tau Beta Pi, Pi Tau Sigma