Terry V Baughn
Senior Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, University of Delaware.
MS, Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering, Purdue University.
BS, Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering, Purdue University.
Mechanical failure of electronic components, failure of brittle materials and analysis of composite materials
Five Most Recent Journal Publications, Book Chapters, and Books
- Srinivisan, V., T.V. Baughn, et al., (2005) "High Resolution Characterization of Materials Used in Packages Through Digital Image Correlation", Proceedings of InterPack 2005, ASME International Electronic and Photonic Packaging Conference, Paper No. IPACK2005-73258, July 17-22, 2005.
- Baughn, T.V. and S. Chen, (2003), "Low Cycle Fatigue in RF Microwave Module Housings," Proceedings of InterPack 2003, ASME International Electronic and Photonic Packaging Conference, Paper No. IPACK2003-35263, July 6-11, 2003.
- Chen, S., T.V. Baughn, J. Yao, and C. Goldsmith, (2002), "A New In-Situ Residual Stress Measurement Method For MEMS Suspended Membranes," IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Volume 11, No. 4, August 2002, pp. 309-316
- Allen, B., T.V. Baughn, and S. Chen, (2001), "Reliability of Adhesive Bond Joints in Electronic Packaging," ASME International Electronic and Photonic Packaging Conference, Paper No. IPACK2001-15536, July 8-13, 2001.
- Chan, Y.W, M. Wolverton, and T.V. Baughn, (1998), "Computational Analysis Of Flip Chip Bump And Solder Joint Designs," 6th Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems, 1998 ITherm May 27-30, 1998, pp. 166-170.
Major Honors and Awards
- Elected ASME Fellow (2007)
- Promoted to: Raytheon Engineering Fellow, Raytheon (2002)
- Selected as a profiled engineer for Engineering Week 2002 within Raytheon Company, Electronic Systems North Texas (2002)
- ASME, North Texas Section of Electrical and Electronics Packaging "Engineer of the Year," (2001)
- Elected Senior Principal Engineer (with Honors), Raytheon (2001)
- Elected Member Group Technical Staff, Texas Instruments (1996)
- SMU, Civil/Mechanical Engineering Department, Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award (1988)
- SMU, Civil/Mechanical Engineering Department, Outstanding Professor Award For Undergraduate Teaching (1988)
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society (1987)
- SAE Oral Presentation Award, 1986 Passenger Car Meeting (1986)
- Best Paper, ASEE Gulf-Southwest Section Annual Conference (1985)
- ASME Outstanding Professor, SMU/ASME (1983)
- SAE Award, significant contribution to the 1979 SAE National Truck Meeting
- Industrial Advisory Board, Center For Composite Materials University of Delaware (1979)
- Purdue University Special Merit Scholarship (1960)